Nicros is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Climbing Wall Designer
- Marketing + Design Coordinator
- Traveling Construction
Climbing Wall Designer
Nicros, Inc. prides itself on offering the finest products, training programs, and customer service in the climbing industry today. Since 1992, Nicros has been leading the climbing industry in the construction and design of climbing facilities, the development of handhold and training products, and professional services.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and passionate designer to oversee and manage all our climbing wall designs. Selected candidate will be involved in all phases of the project from concept design to shop drawings. Potential projects include home bouldering wall, universities and rec. center climbing /bouldering walls to new climbing gyms from the ground up. Experience with Revit, 3D representation and commercial construction projects required. Climbing experience and knowledge of the Outdoor Industry is preferred but not required.
- Work closely with Sales and Project Management Team to prepare designs and 3D renderings for climbing wall project proposals, presentations, and construction applications.
- Assist and participate in pre-construction design meetings and conference calls with clients.
- Handle phone calls and client questions related to climbing wall design and construction.
- Assist with various project coordination tasks (i.e. preparing construction shop drawings, cut sheets, sourcing materials, equip. etc.)
- May be required to travel to projects, industry tradeshows, and visit clients periodically (travel less than 10%).
- College Degree or Completion of Certificate Program (Preferred)
- 2 – 5 years of Drafting, Design, Construction Experience
- Experience in AutoCAD 2015, Revit 2015, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office Products
- Dynamic, Motivated, Driven, Professional and Articulate
- Climbing Experience (Preferred)
Salary will be determined by experience, knowledge of climbing industry and related skills.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Once reviewed, our team will contact you regarding the next step. No phone calls please.
Marketing + Design Coordinator
Vertical Endeavors – Indoor Rock Climbing / Nicros Climbing Systems
St. Paul, Minnesota
Vertical Endeavors operates some of the most impressive indoor-climbing facilities in the nation with multiple locations throughout the Midwest. We offer climbing and instruction and programming for participants of all ages and abilities. Nicros is one of the leading manufacturers of climbing wall products, handholds and training goods for climbers and has built over one million square feet of climbing wall surface since being founded in 1992. Our two sister companies are looking for a Marketing and Design Coordinator to help improve the effectiveness of the marketing department!
The Marketing + Design Coordinator is responsible for delivering projects of high quality, on time and to budget through the effective management of timelines, people and resources. This person will communicate with both companies to determine expectations, manage the workload and allocate resources with precision. Beyond coordinating marketing projects, the Marketing and Design Coordinator will help fulfill design needs and be heavily involved in social media efforts.
- 1–5 years marketing project management experience managing marketing programs; website/online and integrated campaigns experience required
- Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Advertising and/or related fields
- Experience in defining and managing the scope of creative projects
- Experience with company processes, procedures and an internal database-driven structure
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of perspective
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and professional writing skills
- Background writing, editing and crafting content
- Understanding of current social media trends
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Excel and Word
- Experience hiring and managing third-party vendors
- Experience coordinating events
- Knowledge of the outdoor/climbing industry preferred
- Project Management – know the questions to ask to onboard each project smoothly and how to communicate company needs to the rest of the marketing team
- Project Analysis – work with the marketing team to analyze project needs ensuring that they fit with resourcing, project objectives and quality standards
- Time Management – maintain detailed timelines, project plans and hours budgeted for project deliverables and key milestones
- Have the flexibility to work within an ever-changing workload by effectively setting, observing and re-evaluating project priorities often
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize as needed to meet expectations
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of each project
- Assist in leading internal project status meetings and ongoing project schedule updates
- Assist in the Development/management of marketing budget
- Coordinate advertising planning and negotiate contracts
- Develop social media strategies for Vertical Endeavors and Nicros and outline content needs
- Determine detailed email and social media calendars
- Manage the approval, ordering and invoicing for all marketing projects
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause-and-effect relationships
- Examine a campaign’s return on investment
- Conduct competitor/industry research and generate reports, identifying new opportunities
- Help maintain company websites using both WordPress and Magento eCommerce
- Create email marketing campaigns using MailChimp and maintain contact lists
- Design print materials including posters, handouts, brochures, banners, branded items and apparel
- Design digital media for web and social applications
- Develop social media marketing campaigns/promotions
- Design and provide artwork for publication insertions on an assigned schedule
- Create new product announcements, instruction manuals and new project proposal materials
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Ambitious self-starter
- Able to balance multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
- Dependable and punctual
- Displays professionalism and integrity
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written communication)
Benefits + Compensation
- Pay will be determined by level of experience and qualifications
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Retirement Program (once eligible)
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Free membership to all Vertical Endeavors climbing facilities
- Substantial gear discounts and employee pro deals
All interested applicants, please email portfolio, résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing + Design Coordinator” to be considered for this position.
Please contact the gym with any questions. Employment application form is available for download at www.verticalendeavors.com/stpaul/employment.
Nicros Climbing Wall Systems is looking for highly motivated individuals interested in the construction of custom-designed climbing walls.
Employees will participate in all facets of the building process. Employees will begin with work on the steel framework and work through to the hand-sculpted cement work that gives our walls their realistic look and feel.
Construction experience is required. Experience with cement work, various forklifts, aerial lifts, and arc (stick) welding is preferred. Reading and execution of blueprints/shop drawings, welding certification, and climbing background would be a definite plus. This position will require that employees travel to projects across the country for 4–8 week periods of time.
Pay level will be determined by level of experience and employee qualifications. Typical starting pay is $15/hr+ DOQ. If you enjoy traveling to fascinating places and you’re interested in building exciting and unique climbing walls, please contact us via email.
Please email cover letter and resume to: Dewey Horstman – email@example.com